Learning program for toddlers: What Are Early Learning Programs for Infants and Toddlers?
The Essential Early Learning Program and App for Kids 2-8
Learn & Grow App
Personalized to Age and Level
Increases Early Reading Scores by 74%
1,000+ Activities Across Subjects
Start Your Free Trial
Playful Learning They’ll Love
Our program delivers playful learning across subjects, building the skills kids need through lessons and activities they love.
A step-by-step pathway that leads to literacy
Building blocks for math confidence
Social & Emotional
Tools for navigating social skills, empathy, and confidence
Brain games for big thinking
A space for imaginations to run wild
Explore our subjects
Ready to Sign Up?
Billed yearly at $59.99
Start Free Trial
Purchase today and never pay again! That’s an average savings of $200 over 2 years!
Your Membership Includes:
Unlimited access to the Learn & Grow App
Up to 4 child profiles
Offline activities and printables
Resources and tips from learning experts
MORE TO EXPLORE!
Meet the app that helps kids navigate big feelings and everyday challenges with the help of their
Sesame Street Friends
HOMER’s four-step learning framework meets Sesame Workshop’s tried and true approach: teaching kids to be confident, curious, and kind.
The Learning Journey That Grows with Your Child
Tap below to explore what they’ll learn at each stage.
Personalized to Their Interests
Kid Powered Learning
Lessons, and activities personalized to age, interests, and skill level.
Research-backed, kid-tested, parent-approved.
“I Did It” Moments
Builds skills kids (and parents) are proud of.
Fueled by activities kids actually want to play.
Safe & Easy
Ad-free, safe, and easy for kids to use.
The Buzz On HOMER
“HOMER is a parent’s dream! Kids are having fun, so they don’t know it’s learning. They ask to do more!”
“Both of my kids use HOMER’s learning program and have excelled! We’ve tried literally 20+ apps and websites, and NONE hold a candle to HOMER. ”
“My four-year-old daughter has sensory processing disorder; getting her to focus on learning can be a bit of a nightmare, but HOMER has her FULL attention.”
Personalization Made Easy
You tell us a little about your child, and we’ll come up with a learning journey made just for them!
We combine your child’s unique interests
with their age and current learning level
to create a personalized learning journey they love
that builds essential skills for school and life!
The Most Effective Way for Your Child to Learn
Developed by experts, our research-based, four-step approach goes beyond rote memorization to build confidence, promote problem-solving, and foster a lifelong love of learning.
AS SEEN IN
Toddler Classes Las Vegas | Creative Kids Learning Center
Find Your School
Found Near You
An Educational Daycare Program
Energy. Excitement. Motion. For toddlers, these are the qualities that define their days. In this program, these qualities power positive learning experiences. In an environment roomy enough for movement and exploration, toddlers receive nurturing guidance as their physical skills grow and emerging milestones are mastered. Here, toddlers will experience:
- Stimulating classroom environments
- Exclusive milestone-based curriculum
- Immersive learning experiences
- Educational toys and activities
Children are given ample opportunity for movement, exploration, and discovery in six distinct classroom areas that all encourage diverse learning experiences.
- Movement Center: Children develop and perfect both fine and gross motor skills, balance, and coordination through energetic activities like climbing, jumping, stretching, and walking.
- Blocks & Manipulative Center: Early science concepts like movement and balance are introduced to children through puzzle assembly and construction with blocks and other materials.
- Art & Sensory Center: Through the exploration of different materials and textures, children develop their senses and learn to express themselves by painting, crafting, drawing, and more.
- Pretend Center: Children develop an understanding of the world, as well as critical-thinking skills, and body awareness through make-believe play.
- Language Center: As children act out stories, enjoy books, and communicate with trusted adults, they develop and strengthen language skills.
- “My Space”: Every so often, children can spend a little time in an area where they can relax and have a quiet moment, as need be.
Our Learn from the Start™ curriculum will define the children’s core learning experiences and guide milestone achievement. We deal with the specifics needs of the children while continuing to focus on five key developmental areas.
- Approaches to Learning: Becoming independent through exploration of their surroundings, while developing problem-solving abilities.
- Cognitive Development: Gaining an understanding of the world around them, while they develop creative and critical thinking skills.
- Language Development: Through sounds, expressions, body language, and oral and written language, children strength their ability to communicate and practice responding to and understanding others.
- Physical Development: Developing coordination and large and small muscle control; learning about health and safety concepts.
- Social-Emotional Development: Building emotional understanding to deal with their own emotions and relationships with others, like family, friends, and people in the community; practicing interacting with others while developing self-awareness.
Toddlers Program and Child Care in Las VegasExplore Our Other Programs:
School Age Before- and After-School Clubs
Educational program for children.
Preschool education program
The period of education and upbringing of a preschooler is the foundation from which the child’s personality begins to form, the basis for building his successful future. The educational program for preschool children should cover three areas: mental development, moral and physical education.
Mental development of a preschooler
Determined by the degree:
- pencil and brush proficiency;
- ability to write and read;
- the ability to make a short retelling and memorize small verses;
- knowledge of numbers (in forward and reverse order), ability to perform simple arithmetic operations;
- knowledge of basic geometric shapes;
- ability to tell time;
- possession of initial ideas about the surrounding world.
How a child knows how to behave in a group of peers and adults, how ready he is to learn, his future school life largely depends. Therefore, the program of preschool education should be built in such a way as not to lose sight of this aspect.
Educational programs for children. Developing computer programs…
As Dr. Komarovsky said: “A happy child is first of all a healthy child. And only then – able to read and play the violin. Therefore, children’s training programs are inconceivable without elements of physical culture.
Teaching children 2-3 years old
This age is characterized by an intensive acquaintance of the child with the outside world, the colors and shapes of objects, their sizes and textures. The kid is able to vividly express emotions, respond to his successes and failures, communicate with other children and adults. During this age period, you should not be zealous in teaching the child letters and numbers, since all this for him is incomprehensible hieroglyphs that do not cause any interest. Also, the effectiveness of learning foreign languages will be much higher at a later age.
Development of children aged 3-4 years: features, norms, programs and methods
The educational program for children should be aimed at understanding the world around them with the help of the senses: sight, hearing, smell and touch. Scientists have proven that success in mastering reading skills directly depends on the ability to feel the world. The preschool education program for children aged 2 and 3 is based on the development of fine motor skills. The fact is that a child’s fingers contain a large number of receptors that send impulses to areas of the brain that are simultaneously responsible for the coordination of finger movements and for the development of speech. For these purposes, finger gymnastics, sorting out small objects (safe, of course), playing with cubes and balls of various sizes, exercising with scraps of fabrics of various textures, playing “patties”, “magpie-crow”, modeling from plasticine and so on are perfect. Further.
It is worth paying due attention to physical exercises, accompanied by nursery rhymes and jokes. In general, any activity of a baby at this age should take place in a playful way – this is the most effective method for him to know the world and learn at this stage of development.
Teaching children 4-5 years old
This age is perfect for gently starting to teach your child letters and numbers. Now the baby is already able to analyze the properties of objects, purposefully influence them, he is more calm, assiduous and better organized. If a child can enthusiastically play educational games for 10-15 minutes – go ahead! The age of 4-5 years is also ideal for sending your child to some kind of circle or sports section. By this time, the physical development of the child’s musculoskeletal system allows him to successfully master the basics of swimming, choreography, martial arts, and so on.
Program for animation: a complete overview, description, instructions and…
If you notice a child’s propensity for linguistics, learning a foreign language or attending a theater group will be an excellent solution for developing these abilities. Sculpting, fine arts, vocals are perfect for creative kids. However, if the child still does not know how to focus attention, consciously perform developmental tasks, is impatient and reacts violently to his own failures, you should wait a bit with reading and visiting circles.
Making crafts together will help your child learn to concentrate. You should start with simple details so that the result is quick, gradually complicating the task. In the course of work, it is important to show the baby that any failure can be corrected. The study of the alphabet, numbers and animals can easily be included in this process. With a little imagination, you can kill several birds with one stone. For the development of fine motor skills, it is advisable to use exercises such as passing a pen through a labyrinth, tracing and coloring pictures, weaving, modeling, and much more.
Teaching children aged 6-7
Modern physiologists, psychologists, teachers and speech therapists agree that this period is most favorable for the development of attention, perception, memory and thinking of a child. Physiologically, the baby is already ready for developmental learning, and he has a desire to learn. That is why a six-year-old child is sometimes able to bring his parents to white heat with his many “whys”. Brushing off your inquisitive child or limiting yourself to superficial answers is like depriving a tree of life-giving moisture. So be patient and find the complete information to satisfy your little one’s curiosity. At this age, it’s time to teach your child to count, write, tell time by the clock, explain to him the basics of geography and astronomy. The educational program for children of 6 years old already provides for the transition to organized forms of classes.
Correct actions of parents
So, the program of preschool education of each child should include games-exercises for the development of sensory perception (development of the sense organs), speech, mental activity, physical skills, for the education of curiosity, as well as for the formation of general elementary ideas about the world around. Various institutions of preschool education help to successfully solve this problem. Kindergartens, preschool groups and specialized educational institutions not only use effective programs and unique methods to prepare children for school, but also have additional courses in their arsenal, such as English language training programs.
Undoubtedly, teaching a child in a team has a number of advantages over individual lessons: it develops the skills of correct interaction with peers, develops discipline, the concept of responsibility, and the ability to resolve difficult situations. Interactive educational programs, as well as the work of psychologists, will undoubtedly help the child in the future to adapt more easily to new school conditions and quickly move to the position of “I am a student.”
Of course, each baby is different, and it is also quite possible to achieve the desired results without outside help. If you have firmly decided that your independent studies with a child will be no worse than a training program for children in preschool educational institutions, just take into account the age-related characteristics of the baby’s psychology and adhere to certain rules.
Recommendations for parents
- Conduct learning in a playful way and use every opportunity for this: read to the baby, communicate, invent games together, look for objects of the same color on a walk, show him interesting natural phenomena, keep the child’s curiosity, teach him to operate time.
- Be sure to ensure that your child communicates with peers. These should be systematic joint games on playgrounds, in the park, arranging contests, quizzes, and relay races for kids. All this will be the first skills of the child’s behavior within the team.
- It is worth starting to teach a child to read only when his oral speech is developed to a sufficient degree. Start again with game forms, gradually moving to more complex ones. Remember that in this case, it is not so much the duration that is important, but the frequency and sequence of classes. Literature for reading should correspond to the age and individual characteristics of the baby – read what he is interested in knowing. If the child’s speech contains many errors in the syllabic structure of words or their agreement, has obvious pronunciation defects, then your initial task is to contact a speech therapist.
- In no case should you abruptly transfer a child to a school regime: deprive him of a quiet hour, arrange home lessons with notebooks, calls and breaks. Everything that educational programs for schoolchildren provide for in the upbringing of a preschooler is not only unnecessary, but can also cause certain harm – being forcibly involved in adult life, the child may lose desire and interest in school life.
Top 3 best apps for teaching kids to read
Parents often face the challenge of teaching their children to read. The old methods don’t always work, especially for hyperactive babies who can’t sit still for long periods of time. Such children need to be really interested and captivated. Using special good applications for learning to read, you can quickly learn this skill at home.
Many children today have tablets, which are perceived as exciting entertainment. To prevent your child from wasting time watching uninformative videos and playing with toys, install useful educational programs that can quickly learn the alphabet and master reading skills.
How to find the best app for teaching children to read, because there are so many of them? We have analyzed dozens of educational programs for preschoolers and selected the best ones for you!
- Reading – With this game, learning to read becomes an exciting adventure. It features easy to operate, intuitive interface and an incredibly exciting storyline. Suitable for children from 3 to 7 years old.
- “Speaking ABCs” – Application with high-quality animation for the little ones.
- “Learning letters is fun for kids!” – This game is best suited for those who are just learning to read. Training takes place with the help of elementary exercises.
Contents of the article:
- 1. Reading – the author’s game according to the method of Zaitsev’s cubes
- 2. Speaking alphabet
- 3. Learning letters is fun for children
- When to start teaching a child to read?
- How do I choose a good reading app?
ATTENTION! SIGN UP FOR COURSES! SET IS GOING!
More details on the page: https://academy.multi-mama.ru/product/multi-offer/
The application that took the highest place in our rating is “Reading”. We will pay special attention to him in the article, because there is something to tell about.
“Reading” is an interesting educational sequential game for children from 3 to 7 years old. Differs in simplicity in management and intuitively clear interface. There is a plot here, which is even more captivating for a child who seeks to learn new information. Thanks to the sound accompaniment, the child quickly remembers letters and sounds. All letters, warehouses and words are pronounced clearly and slowly.
After starting the application, a short animation appears on the screen – two heroes in a balloon get into a magical land, but a strong wind blew and the balloon skidded to the top. Now friends will have an exciting journey through Reading.
The guys will regularly have to move to new levels, where more difficult tasks await them. In order to maintain your rating, it is recommended that you regularly go to Reading, which encourages children to study systematically. The child is immersed in an exciting adventure, while developing such useful qualities as attentiveness, diligence, kindness and love of knowledge.
“Readings” is an application that will be a great addition to learning with “Zaitsev’s Cubes” – one of the most effective methods today. The educational program is aimed at instilling in children a love of reading from childhood. In the game, you can create several profiles, which makes it possible to deal with several children at once. The multiplayer mode allows each student to learn at their own pace. Additional profiles can be created for free. There are statistics on the passage of the game, in which parents see the progress of their child, the percentage of correctly completed tasks.
Benefits of the application:
- Fascinating plot – from the very first minutes the application captivates, so classes are held in a relaxed manner. This is the first app we’ve analyzed that has a story. The child does not just learn, but becomes a participant in the quest, which further fuels his interest.
- Rich functionality – thanks to the application, you can not only learn letters, but also form syllables, read words in full, write letters and words correctly. The game has an extensive vocabulary and many levels, the passage of which will take more than one day. The lessons are very interesting. Therefore, we can conclude that the application will not get bored for a long time.
- Stylish design – illustrations are made in watercolor, the application has a unique musical accompaniment, the main characters speak with children’s voices.
- Detailed explanations for children and hints for parents. Tasks in the game adapt to the child. If the student successfully copes with the tasks, the algorithm selects more difficult levels. This is a useful functionality that allows each child to study at a pace that is comfortable for him. All children are different. For some, it takes 1-2 months to learn to read, and in some cases it may take at least a year. An important role in learning is played not only by how the child remembers information, but also by his age. The Readings app is suitable for both a 3-year-old and a 7-year-old child.
We did not find any cons in this application. The developers have created a really useful tool for teaching preschoolers, taking into account the age characteristics of children and paying attention to details. You can learn more about how everything works here:
com/embed/3eRBZqJ_P0Y” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”>
A short video review of Reading will allow you to evaluate the functionality, design and main features of the application.
An application with high-quality animation will surely appeal to little fidgets. Letters appear on the screen, and when pressed, they fold up like plasticine, transforming into funny animals. You can click on the note symbol and listen to the list of animals that begin with that letter.
For children who have already mastered the alphabet a little, the second learning option is more suitable. Six letters appear on the screen. The voice in the program says which letter to choose and the child clicks on the option that suits him. If the answer is correct, an animal with that letter appears on the screen, if not, the letter folds into a ball.
- Three modes – learning, games and puzzles. All the knowledge gained can be consolidated in a playful way.
- Interesting design – many children will like plasticine animals.
- Quality soundtrack.
Although the application is intended for children from 2 to 7 years old, in our opinion, it will appeal mainly to toddlers. Children over 5 years old will be carried away for a while.
The app is best suited for young children who are just learning to read. Training is carried out with the help of elementary exercises. The main screen contains the alphabet. When you click on a letter, a picture and a word that begins with that letter appears. There is also a funny rhyme. To consolidate the knowledge gained in the application, coloring pages are provided; games “Memory”, “Find the letter in the picture”, “Show what begins with a letter”, “Make a word”.
- large letters;
- original coloring book that helps to remember the letters well;
- intuitive interface.
Of the minuses of this application, we can note a small functionality. From personal experience, we can say that such an application will quickly get boring for a child. Especially if the baby is active. It can be concluded that using “Learning letters fun for children” is only at the initial stage of learning. When the child masters the alphabet, it is worth moving on to more functional programs. For inquisitive children, the application is too simple.
When should a child start learning to read?
The days when children went to school unprepared and learned to read all together in the classroom are long gone. The school curriculum is now quite complicated, so parents start preparing for school at the age of 4-5, which will reduce the load in the first months of schooling.
It is important to adhere to the “golden mean” in everything. If the neighbor’s child is already reading with might and main at 5 years old, and yours does not show interest in learning, you should not sound the alarm. In some cases, it is necessary to wait a little for the child to show interest in learning.
The main signs that the child is ready to learn to read:
- the child understands the words and phrases that others address him;
- vocabulary allows the child to communicate freely with other children and adults;
- the child pronounces most of the words correctly, without gross errors.
Studying letters and reading is necessary regularly, but little by little. It should be borne in mind that due to age, it is difficult for a child to spend a lot of time in one place, so many hours of classes become a real test.
How do I choose a good reading app?
New preschool learning apps are released regularly. Only a few of them really deserve attention and are useful. Modern parents simply do not have time to monitor all the information and choose the right programs. Therefore, we have already done it for you and prepared a rating of the best applications, thanks to which a child can quickly learn to read at home.
When choosing an application, consider:
- Age – there are both universal applications, calculated from 3 years old to the school itself, and designed for a specific age. The first option is more convenient, because the child starts learning in one program and, as he grows up, he does not need to study other applications. If there are several children in the family with a small difference in age, you can study together using one application!
- Degree of preparation – if the child is already familiar with the letters, he will be absolutely uninterested in using the application, in which classes are designed for the smallest. While the baby is uncomfortable to engage in a program designed for the age of 5 years. It is better to choose universal applications that are suitable for both those who are just learning to read, and for children who want to improve their knowledge.
- Interface – should be as simple and clear as possible so that the child can independently launch the application and start classes.
- Additional features – children perceive information more easily in a playful way, so it’s great if the application provides coloring, various puzzles and games. The presence of built-in educational games helps to maintain interest in completing tasks and stable memorization of the information received.
- Security – no malware.
Now let’s take a look at the top 3 apps for learning to read. When compiling the rating, such points as the teaching methodology, functionality, the presence of advertising and the ability to turn it off were taken into account.
Of all the analyzed applications, “Reading” is the most adapted to children of different ages. The plot develops dynamically, the child is always waiting for new tasks, so he is moving forward with interest.
When compiling the rating, we used not only our own experience, but also the opinion of other parents, having studied dozens of reviews on specialized sites.